• What is Accreditation?
Accreditation refers to the official registration and endorsement of a foreign employer to a licensed Philippine agency like SK Manpower Consultant in relation to recruitment of Philippine workers going overseas through the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA).
• Why is Accreditation required of a foreign employer who intends to hire Filipino personnel?
1. Only accredited foreign employers may recruit and conduct actual interviews in the Philippines.
2. The POEA-licensed recruitment agency can file disciplinary actions against the overseas workers who breach the contract with accredited clients. Unaccredited foreign employers are not protected.
• What are required of employers seeking Accreditation?
You need to prepare the following:
Special Power of Attorney (SPA) – a written instrument whereby a principal confers limited authority upon an agent to perform certain prescribed acts on behalf of the principal (jointly and severally). Must be authenticated (stamped) by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in your area of business.
Manpower Request Letter (MRL) – a letter from you on your company letterhead that shows the job orders/positions, number of staff needed and minimum salaries. Must be authenticated (stamped) by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in your area of business.
Employment Contract or Employment Offer – agreement entered into between an employer and an employee at the commencement of the period of employment and stating the exact nature of their business relationship, specifically what compensation the employee will receive in exchange for specific work performed. This must be printed on your company letterhead. Must be authenticated (stamped) by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in your area of business.
Commercial Registration with English Translation – the Business Registration of the employer (client) that shows the company’s nature of business. It must be authenticated (stamped) by the Philippine Embassy or Consulate in your area of business.
• Where will should the documents be filled?
The Philippine Embassy or Consulate nearest your area of operations.